• Welcome to Jose's Read Only Forum 2023.

Firebird v. 2.1.1 Headers

Started by José Roca, December 04, 2008, 11:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

José Roca

About Firebird

Firebird is a relational database offering many ANSI SQL standard features that runs on Linux, Windows, and a variety of Unix platforms. Firebird offers excellent concurrency, high performance, and powerful language support for stored procedures and triggers. It has been used in production systems, under a variety of names, since 1981.

The Firebird Project is a commercially independent project of C and C++ programmers, technical advisors and supporters developing and enhancing a multi-platform relational database management system based on the source code released by Inprise Corp (now known as Borland Software Corp) on 25 July, 2000.

Firebird website: http://www.firebirdsql.org/index.php

The attached file contains my translation of the Firebird headers to PowerBASIC.

James Klutho

Has anyone got a working example of Firebird using these headers.  I am sure the hearders are fine but I can not get SQL statements to be excepted.  I keep getting an "Undefined Name" error (ambiguous to say the least) when trying the execute the most basic statement.  The exact statement runs fine in FlameRobin.  I belive the error is referring to the table name.  I have tried loads of variations but have yet to crack the puzzle.

José Roca

I never have used it. I translated the headers because someone was interested and promised to post example(s), but... Therefore, I have no plans to update them.

James Klutho

Thanks  Jose.  The headers are fine and you have done so much already.  I can open a database a retrieve a lot of info about it but it chokes on SQL statements and I have yet to figure out why. When I get this nasty brat going in the right direction, I will post some examples.  I was going use ODBC on Firebird but when I saw these headers, I thought I would give the API a whirl.  Jim

James Klutho

Well I got over my statement problem!  It was too stupid to admit publicly.  Thanks for listening to me vent.  Jim