• Welcome to Jose's Read Only Forum 2023.

Tabbed MDI WebBrowser

Started by José Roca, September 24, 2008, 08:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

José Roca

This example implements a tabbed MDI WebBrowser. When you click a link in a web page that will open in a new window, the event is captured and the application creates a new tab and a new instance of the WebBrowser control, and the web page is displayed in it instead of opening a new instance of Internet Explorer.

You can also create new tabs by clicking the new tab toolbar icon or the new tab menu option, and being a MDI application, it allows cascading, vertical and horizontal tiling, and minimize.

José Roca

Added Refresh, Stop, Zoom In, Zoom Out, and popup blocker.

The popup blocker doesn't stop all kinds of popups, but it does a good job.

The zoom option simply changes the size of the font, as it does in Internet Explorer, so you won't see changes in web pages that use a fixed font size, such my web site or the PowerBASIC site and forum, but you will notice it in my forum.

José Roca

The following version uses my OLE Container (OLECON.INC), instead of ATL.

Theo Gottwald

I have recompiled the project and have two problems:

1. It doesn't show any web-site.
2. The Controls are not drawn properly (winXP) see attached Picture.

José Roca

If you're going to compile legacy code with new headers, then specify the version you want to use. Add %WINVER = &H0501 before the #INCLUDEs. The size of the REBARBANDINFO structure is not the same for XP that for Vista/Windows 7.

Theo Gottwald

I tried it, now it works!

Randall Glass

I got Freeware Finder Desktop App completed.

Here is a picture of what it looks like.
Lassar

RadioTelephone Tutor : Get your FCC GROL License plus Radar Endorsement
http://radiotelephonetutor.com

Randall Glass

I have read that windows in european countries don't necessary have internet explorer on them.

Do I need to get a runtime dll from microsoft to get the OLE Container Tabbed MDI WebBrowser to work on all windows computers.

What runtime dll would it be ?
Lassar

RadioTelephone Tutor : Get your FCC GROL License plus Radar Endorsement
http://radiotelephonetutor.com

José Roca

You don't need anything. Even if Internet Explorer is not installed, the WebBrowser control is. Internet Explorer uses the WebBrowser control, but the WebBroser control does not use Internet Explorer.