• Welcome to Jose's Read Only Forum 2023.

PowerBASIC 9.04

Started by Peter Weis, March 16, 2010, 11:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Weis

Hello
I've downloaded the version 9.04 tonight. What is the difference from the version 9.03? Could not tell the difference until now.
Regards Peter

José Roca

The only difference is that it has some bugs fixed.

Frederick J. Harris

I don't ever remember a .05 update.  So maybe this will be the last before a new version.  Perhaps with more 64 bit bells and whistles.  I certainly don't need 64 bits for anything I do, but all the hardware has already gone that route!

Peter Weis

What is there in the bush 64 bit, Or here is a 64 bit debate going to be kicked?

Edwin Knoppert

Would be cool if my 64bit mem-eater could hold 3 hours of wav instead of a diskfile?
Or editting movies of 8GB using plain mem or ramdisk?

Peter Weis

I think the three hours to go with 32 bit wav. And should the time the program takes the three CD into memory to be remembered, too. Guess is around 5 to 10 minutes at optimal reading speed. Since it would be better with pointer relative not absolute and the access is faster and you do not need 64 bits. Asserdem one can access the hard drive with 64-bit PowerBASIC is indeed the type of the QUAD will also work with files.

But I believe you should adjust the time. I think I would not be the last of a 64-bit PowerBASAIC buy. Who is a 64-bit PowerBASIC today would put on the market. Would I order it Today.

So in short. I would also look forward to a 64 BIT Power BASIC!

Regards Peter

Edwin Knoppert

A combo of more addressable ram and ssd then heh?
:)

Peter Weis

Hello
But faith nonetheless that the hardware is too slow! And no one wants to have the long load times! Or would you wait 10 to 20 minutes until you have your music in memory. So you can edit them a little faster. Where is because as the benefit! Also invites the possibility with PowerBASIC THREAD to work in the background without which I notice it much because I do not need 64 BIT!

Regards Peter ;)