• Welcome to Jose's Read Only Forum 2023.

I must be one of those "half brain" guy

Started by Patrice Terrier, June 01, 2010, 04:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brice Manuel

Quote from: Theo Gottwald on June 25, 2010, 06:57:58 AM
Reminds me that i just like Powerbasic because it works. With windows.
There are just some of these moments when i think "This time it must be the compiler - it can't be My code!"
But then after all it was my code.

PowerBasic is just BUGFREE. Whatever things i do with it.
I agree and is why I use it.  The only bug I ever encountered with PB was fixed quickly.  Although there are some features I wish PB had, I honestly have no complaints with PB itself.  It is the best ;D

That said, I have been struggling with how to do two things in PB for the past few months and I just can't figure it out.  It is to the point, I am considering moving these projects to another programming language. :-\

Steve Rossell

Quote from: Brice Manuel on June 25, 2010, 06:21:37 PM
That said, I have been struggling with how to do two things in PB for the past few months and I just can't figure it out.  It is to the point, I am considering moving these projects to another programming language. :-\
Why not post them as questions on the PowerBASIC Forums or send an email to PowerBASIC support?

Brice Manuel

I want to stress that there is no problem with PB, the problem is 100% me not knowing/understanding how to do what I need to do with PB.  Unfortunately, in programming for Windows since 3.1 the languages I used were VB, Delphi and C++ Builder.  Anytime I used VC++ I was either using the Octopod IDE (which was very C++ Builder-like) or dealing with game engines like Legus3D, LithTech or Twilight3D.  This means almost no experience dealing directly with Windows API which is what I need to do as DDT currently doesn't support two things I need for a couple of projects I have been working on and have now ground to a halt.

Anyway, I am one of those "half brain" guys so I guess the half of my brain that is missing is the half that has the solutions ;D

QuoteI think we all agree on this, and it is the reason why i am using it in my commercial addons.
In my spare time, I have been playing around with rewriting something in PB that I originally started in EB but never finished due to it being too slow.  So far the results in PB are beyond amazing.