• Welcome to Jose's Read Only Forum 2023.

Freeware C-Compiler: "Pelles C for Windows"

Started by Theo Gottwald, August 08, 2011, 07:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theo Gottwald

Another Alternative for those who need to generate an x64 Executabel or DLL is "Pelles C for Windows".

For those who can also program in C, the Pelles C-Compiler is a tool for generating x64 Code.

Pelles C for Windows

and its free. It'S availabe in german, english, swedish and spanish. It also has an Inline Assembler like PowerBasic.
Und es unterstützt sogar Pocket-PC's und Smartphones.

Brice Manuel

I like Pelles C and I have used it for some small projects in the past.  That said, it has been a few years since I have used it.  64-bit support is a good thing and a no-brainer for compilers, but Pelles C is still lacking one major feature that many other C/C++ variants have:  cross platform support.  Pelles C is still Windows only which is a little bit disheartening and keeps Pelles C from being more popular.   

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am being forced to quit using PB for my current project, so I am having to move it out of PB in order to meet the deadline.  Pelles C is what I am using because I am familiar with it.  It will be nice to be able to provide a 64-bit version as an added bonus and let the installer do a check and determine which version to install.

James C. Fuller