• Welcome to Jose's Read Only Forum 2023.

My Oxigen BASIC impression...

Started by Pierre Bellisle, July 07, 2022, 06:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theo Gottwald

Hallo Charles,
did you ever want to go into Chemistry?

Seeing all the names you use.  ;D

Charles Pegge

Hi Theo,

Co2 for the compiler and Oxide for the IDE, are quite a good fit. And I have a more powerful tool then Oxide: perhaps it should be called Peroxide :)

Eduardo Jorge

You are talking about chemistry, and I was just researching the chemical interactions of certain supplements, because I made a mixture to make it easier to use and followed the color and the effects on the body.
then I found out that the color changed because vitamin c mixed with magnesium malate has reactions, malic acid with ASCORBIC ACID changed the chemistry of my mixture and gave my memory a boost

Charles Pegge

Very interesting Eduardo,

I take Magnesium Oxide tablets, good for treating coder's burnout, and readily available. I think it's mitochondria
which require high levels of Magnesium.

Chris Chancellor

Welcome Pierre,  O2 is a very flexible programing language it is very a good replacement for the PB which is no longer
under development. 
Hope that more & more PB programmers come over here

Pierre Bellisle

@Pierre, Sorry i pressed the wrong Button and changed your Post instead of posting an answer.
Maybe you can repost it ?
(Theo)

@Charles, Pierre asks ,if there is a way to use the compiler completely silent and have all I/O redirected,
so he can integrate it transparently in his IDE. This sounds good to me.

Mean, if the Compiler Output could be completely redirected to a given file (given at compiler-call),
then a external Editor-Program or Script could automatically use this Information.

Pierre Bellisle

Hey,
Thank for the welcome Chris.

-

Using UltraEdit as editor with my own precompiler utility,
I was wondering if te o2 mbox error message could also give a column in addition to the line number.
This way I could put the editor caret exactly at the right position.
Presently, I manage the mbox, read it, and close it.

I was also thinking if it could be possible to have a log file instead of the mbox, a silent way as Theo describe it.
This would avoid the few miliseconds mbox appearence flash before I close it.
No big deal if you don't like the idea.

An even better option could be to fill the text clipboard, or create a custom clipboard for o2.
With a text clipboard, my precompiler could save the clipboard content before calling o2 compiler, call o2, read the o2 clipboard, restore the original clipboard content.
A custom clipboard would be nice. Look Ma, no file!   :~)

-e clip
-e file

Regards, Pierre

Charles Pegge

Hi Pierre, Theo,

I'm working on it:

co2 modified to produce a compiler report co2.txt which includes any error message and also compilation statistics. You can then use the -m option to suppress the message-box.

But it can't always give an accurate column position for errors.

a successful compile would generate co2.txt like this:

COMPILATION DATA:

c:\cevp\code\oxygenbasic\demos\opengl\glsl\glml38.o2bas

output file name:
output file length: 0

source files: 28
source lines: 31739
source word parsing: 32787
source length: 1022078
assembler script length: 296139
machine script length: 269726

record size: 36
static record count: 9136
static records length: 328896
static record string space: 541653
static var space: 60096
procedures: 171
source buffer insert patches: 14290
source buffer insert renew: 16
max link labels: 208
binary image size: 135168

An error message would be positioned at the beginning of co2.txt:

ERROR: Member not found : boa.rrelease
WORD: boa.rrelease
PROC: main
COL: 7
LINE: 38
FILE: "main source"

COMPILATION DATA:

c:\cevp\code\oxygenbasic\demos\opengl\glsl\glml38.o2bas

Pierre Bellisle

Thank you Charles!

It's gonna be great.
All I need now is more time to play with this superb toy...

Pierre

Charles Pegge

Hi Pierre,

I have uploaded a pre-version of 050 for you to try.

co2.txt is saved after each compile in the same directory as co2.exe

https://github.com/Charles-Pegge/OxygenBasic/blob/master/OxygenBasic050P.zip

Theo Gottwald

Charles, the good thing is that we have the direct line to you so small wishes can get full filled.
It was never easy with PB to really get individual wishes fullfilled.
I remember that i asked for "Modules" and got "OBJECTS".
Long Years ago. :-)

Chris Chancellor

Theo  you say it right

PB has gone to the dumps,  with zero development activity
Thank you once again to both Theo and Charles for keeping O2 alive

Theo Gottwald

@Chris, in this case thanks goes solely to Charles and I think Nicola was very active testing.
My state here is only to watch development. And i must say that Charles does good work, taking into account that his situation is not easy.

Let me add that if you mix Magnesium Oxide to Ascorbic Acid that you get Magnesium-Ascorbate which is a sort of Vitamin C but has other usages.
Here i a Recipe where you get a violet, Coloa Like Vitamin C:

Theos Vitamin C Power Trunk

Eduardo Jorge

I don't know what turned
I mixed
Citrulline Malate, Ascorbic Acid, Taurine, Ornithine, D-Ribose,
Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Malic Acid
by the color change which only happens with the addition of malic acid, probably the Ascorbic acid turned into Dehydroascorbic acid which is a (DHA)
Vitamin C does not pass from the bloodstream to the brain, although the brain is one of the organs that has the highest concentration of vitamin C. Instead, DHA is transported across the blood-brain barrier via GLUT1 transporters and then converted back into ascorbate
I think that's what happened, which improved my and my mother's memory very quickly,
the other things together should have effects like stabilizing her physique and giving her more energy, even I think I'm building some muscle mass even though I'm very sedentary, and the use is not exaggerated and not so continuous

Theo Gottwald

Sounds very interesting. I will check if i can get "Dehydroascorbic acid" directly.
Also interesting, if you take Galactose instead of D-Ribose.
The Taurine i would leave away. And Instead of MgSO4 i would probably choose Magnesiumascobate.